Zucchini Noodles are a quick and healthy option as they require no cooking. This not only saves energy but reduces the time to make them! This delicious recipe is brought to us by Tasty.
Ingredients for Zucchini Noodles
- 4 medium zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato, chopped or 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- freshly ground parmesan to taste
- Coarse Salt, preferably Maldon Celtic Sea Salt Flakes
- Cut zucchini into long strands with a spiralizer.
- Set noodles in a large colander. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt on top and toss to coat. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Rinse and drain well, gently squeezing out the excess moisture.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat.
- Add pesto and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide zucchini among 4 pasta bowls. Top with a scattering of chopped tomato. Top with Parmesan, pepper and Morton sea salt.
MAKE AHEAD NOTES
You can make the components for it up to five days in advance. Keep the zoodles separate or they will get get too watery.
- Keep the pesto in a jar. The top layer will darken, but under the surface it will stay nice and green.
- Once you make the zucchini noodles, do not toss them with salt. (Keeping them as dry as possible will actually help them stay fresh longer.) Then them into an airtight container or ziplock bag and keep it in the fridge.
- Cut the tomato at the last minute.
- SERVING SIZE: 4 side-dish servings or 2 entrees
- CALORIES: 242
- SUGAR: 6 g
- SODIUM: 583 mg
- FAT: 19 g
- SATURATED FAT: 4 g
- CARBOHYDRATES: 10 g
- FIBER: 3 g
- PROTEIN: 7 g
More Healthy Recipes that Require No Cooking!